Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Collaborates with dietary manager to complete weekly menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability for breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis.
2. Prepares the food, following proper food handling procedures, for the days menu and begins preparation for the following day if necessary.
3. Cooks food according to recipes, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, numbers of portions to be served, apportions and serves food to facility residents.
4. Maintains accurate food inventories in consultation with the dietary manager.
5. Ensures that the food is properly stored at appropriate temperatures and completes required documentation to record temperatures.
6. Rotates stock items as per established procedures and restocks kitchen and dining room for subsequent shifts.
7. Ensures that the dining room, food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of shift.
8. Participates in all Healthcare and Family Services mandated trainings.
9. Orders and purchases and maintains accurate food inventories in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
10. Position requires ability to work holidays, evening and weekend hours.
PLEASE NOTE:* Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned .
Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 50 pounds.
Climb up and down up to flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Ability to stand and walk long length of times. Ability to move frequently between hot and cold temperatures in the kitchen.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
X TB Testing
Driver's License and reliable transportation
Agency-specified automobile insurance
X Additional Requirements:
Immediate Supervisor: Dietary Manager
Indirectly Supervises : Volunteers
Education and Experience Requirements:
Relevant Education :
Preferred: High School
Preferred: 2 Years in food service.
Minimum: 1 Year in food service or relevant industry.
Preferred: Food Service Sanitation License, Manager Certification
Minimum: Food Handler License with the ability to obtain the Food Service Sanitation License within six months of hire.
Job ID: 259507694