Do you care about How your food is made and What is in your food? So does Ola - a new restaurant concept inspired by Houston’s amazingly diverse culinary scene! We are bringing Authentic food made from scratch in-house with Real ingredients to Houston and making it Affordable, Delicious and Conveniently Accessible.
Ola associates enjoy a joyful and energizing work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, and unabashed pride that comes from working for a company with a passion for Authentic Ingredients made with Love. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Ola may be your perfect match.
- Relevant banquet experience of at least 1 year is Required from a school cafeteria, banquet kitchen or commissary
The Banquet Cook is responsible for following high-quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving Ola food.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines.
- Ensure work-station is set and ready to go 15 minutes prior to service.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Prepare and cook high volume meals.
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, Baking and other cooking techniques.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Smile at work and display the joyful Ola spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Team Player — Support others with warmth and compassion
- Take full responsibility for your attitude and actions
- Thrive in a fast-paced Environment
- Always do the right thing
- Advanced Knife skills required
- Prior Culinary experience required — Commissary Experience would be a Plus
- Ability to multi-task and learn new methods quickly
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Ability to carry large trays and weights up to 50 lbs.
- Required flexible scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Required to have Food Handlers certification