To participate in all activities, including food preparation, merchandise handling, ware washing, and cleanliness and sanitation procedures.
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Versatility in cuisine and cooking methods to cook various types of food as well as high-end catering menu items
- Knowledgeable of proper cooking temperatures and hold times, maintaining Safety Critical Checklists and Cooling Charts as required
- Proper knife skills required
- Act as quality assurance inspector, ensuring food is of high quality
- Ensures procedures are in place in regards to labeling, dating, and/or rotating standards including the usage of day dots, FIFO (First In First Out), etc.
- Follows recipes including preparation/food handling standards which ensure designated portion control
- Know and understand the recipes and portion in preparing each unit’s menu, constantly inspect and spot-weight portion sizes
- Comply with state and local health department regulations as well as Culinary Services departmental policies
- Know and understand the use of the “Start Fresh” program when necessary
- Ensure all products are presented to guest in a visually appealing and appetizing manner through Plate Perfect
- Employees may be using equipment such as, but not limited to, knives, slicers, ovens, smokers, warmers, grills, tilt skillets, kettles, mixers, buffalo chopper, dollies, rolling racks, dishwasher, brooms, mops, etc.
- Waste Control - waste is kept to a minimum by not over producing, avoiding accidents, and properly storing and handling food; enforces small batch cooking method by producing less more often
- Responsible for maintaining a proper level of inventory at all times
- Employees are expected to be able to answer guest questions concerning park layout and menu item availability
- Learn and understand the Culinary Services Check 5
- Assists in the direction of all kitchen staff to maintain an effective and efficient operation
- Be an active participant in safety issues relating to personal safety and the safety of fellow hosts and guests
Educational and Experience Requirements;
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a full-service restaurant required
- Able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager Certification within 30 days of start date
- Must submit to and pass pre-employment offer drug screen and background check