Recognized to be the Manager of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance of facility. The Executive Sous Chef is in charge of chef development under the direction of the Executive Chef. He or she works with the Executive Chef to develop menus and ensure execution. Work with Executive Chef to create a productive working staff while maintaining grooming standards, NY health department codes and standards of conduct set forth by Management.
Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
In charge of managing, monitoring and recordkeeping of the HAACP program. Works with the Health Department to receive variances or changes to the plan. Walks all onsite visits with Health Department inspector. Writes and manages action plan to resolve any issues found during inspection.
3. Demonstrates strong culinary skills while maintaining control of food costs.
4. Monitors receipt of supplies and proper storage
5. Writes all kitchen schedules in accordance with budget requirements.
6. Interviews and Hires all cooks and stewards with Executive Chef approval.
7. Manages all new hire and termination paperwork.
8. Writes all annual reviews for the kitchen staff. Executes reviews for the chefs with the Executive Chef.
8. Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
9. Analyze and perform monthly inventory, portion and waste control, and sanitation codes
10. Insures all food is prepared to the correct specifications, buffets and events are set up on time daily.
11. Communicate with all food and beverage areas and carry out BEO instructions as discussed in morning BEO meetings.
12. Review and update recipes and create weekly specialty and seasonal items
13. Ability to multi-task between all areas of production.
14. Establish recipe guidelines and recipes for all areas of production.
15. Build team moral through positive feedback and training.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Availability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (required).
2. Certification in sanitation and workplace safety regulations.
3. Practices safe food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
4. Manage opening and closing procedures of all kitchen areas.
5. Must be efficient, work in high volume, multitask and work well as part of a team.
6. Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare meals quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
7. Personal cleanliness is essential.
8. Knowledge and implementation of work place safety
9. Control kitchen staff work hours. Examples keep overtime to a minimum and enforce staff to only work hours that they are scheduled.
Job ID: 258178909