Marshall Hotels & Resorts, a premier management company responsible for performance in an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States, is seeking a proven Executive Chef to oversee kitchen operations at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton located at 225 Water St, Binghamton, NY.
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton is located in the heart of the business district in Binghamton, NY, just 10 minutes from Binghamton University and 20 minutes from the Greater Binghamton Airport, making it one of the most conveniently located hotels in the area. All guest rooms feature either a view of downtown Binghamton or the Chenango and Susquehanna Rivers.
The Riverwalk Athletic Club (attached to the hotel) offers state-of-the-art fitness accommodations to all of our guests. This fitness club provides free weights, an exercise machine and multiple cardio options, as well as a full-sized saltwater indoor lap pool and whirlpool spa.
The hotel has over 36,000 sq. ft. of banquet and meeting space, including a large ballroom to accommodate up to 1100 people with shimmering chandeliers, two boardrooms, a lecture hall, and additional breakout space.
The hotel has the River Bistro a sleek, modern dining room overlooking the Chenango River serving contemporary American fare and the River Bistro Lounge, serving light fare with a full-service bar. The River Bistro is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Our Executive Chef is responsible for total kitchen operation, supervising food preparation for all food outlets of the hotel, ensuring the highest quality and health standards are maintained. Responsibilities also include maintenance of high sanitation standards and of food preparation equipment. Must possess excellent communication skills to facilitate interdepartmental/public relations.
· Supervises food production for all food outlets of the hotel and is responsible for high quality food presentation for Restaurant, Lounge, and Banquet facilities.
· Participates in development/updates and costing out of menus for all food services applicable to the resort (suggests menu changes and initiates special food promotions).
· Supervises and provides training to food preparation staff in all levels of food preparation, e.g., methods, portioning, garnishing, services specifications, nutrition, and food preservation.
· Purchases and is knowledgeable in kitchen equipment, e.g., provides specifications, quantities, and quality descriptions.
· Assists in the development of the annual operating budget.
· Controls food costs through establishment and management of specials, menus, food production and waste.
· Conducts semi-monthly inventory of food supplies.
· Ensures maintenance of all health and sanitation procedures.
· Oversees all detail work, e.g. ice sculptures, butter sculptures.
· Provides assistance to the Sales Department with regard to banquets, parties and other special events.
· Is responsible for hiring, termination, disciplinary action, performance evaluation, and the continuous development of human resources.
· Forecasts labor dollars according to budget and schedule all kitchen personnel.
· Tracks hours of kitchen personnel to ensure management of overtime.
· Manages kitchen in compliance with all federal, state, local and company procedures.
· Is responsible for special assignments or projects as requested.
Essential Skills: Knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Must be familiar with proper preparation and presentation of international and domestic cuisine. Must have knowledge, skills and ability in the areas of budgeting, staffing, scheduling, health and sanitation standards, kitchen equipment, food costs, menu development/updates/costing, analyzing recipes, associate training and development.
Educational/Vocational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent is required. Formal culinary and management training is essential. (Extensive on-the-job training may substitute for formal culinary training.) Must possess ability to professionally represent the hotel and communicate positively with the guests.
Job Type: Full-time
Job ID: 247140261