Job ID: 131329776
Serve as “second-in-command” of the kitchen: assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all meals, functions and events at the Restaurant. Creative input on seasonally-inspired menu changes. Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality and presentation. Will interview, hire, train, supervise, counsel and motivate the kitchen team while controlling production, labor and food costs. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of all meals as prescribed by the Chef and approved recipes.
2. Assists the Chef with pricing, cost controls and requisitioning for food production.
3. Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Chef.
4. Assists the Chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
5. Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
6. Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve targeted profitability.
7. Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
8. Reports all guest complaints to the Chef and assists in resolving complaints.
9. Monitors kitchen employee’s time expenses to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
10. Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements, and personnel management to the Chef.
11. Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistently. Teaches preparation according to well-defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at Tupelo.
12. Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counseling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
13. Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
14. Maintains excellent communication with superiors, peers, subordinates, guests, industry and community representatives.
15. Supervises all aspects of menu, training and operation in kitchen
16. Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all food areas and equipment. This includes the physical appearance of all kitchen personnel while working the front of the house.
17. Develops appropriate food specifications and purchases according to established guidelines and standards.
18. Assure that all federal, state and local health and safety standards are consistently observed and adhered to.
All Kitchen Cooks and Dishwashers.
Tupelo Park City
At tupelo Park City, we’re celebrating globally inspired food, artisanally sourced and stunningly prepared. Our dishes pair full-bodied, flavorful ingredients in unexpected ways. Each is a testament to prized local fare and the small-batch producers who grow, distill, or raise it. We reach far and wide to compile carefully cultivated and...
At tupelo Park City, we’re celebrating globally inspired food, artisanally sourced and stunningly prepared. Our dishes pair full-bodied, flavorful ingredients in unexpected ways. Each is a testament to prized local fare and the small-batch producers who grow, distill, or raise it. We reach far and wide to compile carefully cultivated and startlingly luscious foods on your plate. And we enjoy the hell out of doing it.