Jr. Sous Chef
- Reata Glen
- Ladera Ranch, California
Reata Glen is hiring a Full Time Jr. Sous Chef and is offering a $2,500 sign on bonus!
This position has a 5% annual bonus potential as well as full benefits, including 13 days of PTO, 6 holidays, 3 flexible holidays, 401k with match (each pay period), and an onsite employee gym!
Reata Glen has been both certified as a "Great Place to Work" for 3 years in a row! Come work for a community where you can make an impact on others!
The Sous Chef is responsible for the proper preparation of the planned menu and supervises the kitchen employees. In the absence of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will assume responsibility for the kitchen.
- Assists with supervision of the kitchen staff in all aspects of daily assignments.
- Assists in daily shift change walk-through of kitchen staff. Ensures that each plate leaving the kitchen meets high presentation standards, is a quality product and is properly portioned.
- Assists with food orders, production sheets and related material. Assists the Executive Chef in executing all catered and special event functions.
- Supervises staff daily ensuring they are working safely and following all safety procedures and policies. Provides coaching in safety procedures and conducts safety training on a regular basis.
- Assisted with the temperature control logs, cooling logs, ROP, HACCP policies and procedures.
- Assists with staff schedules and monitors that call-offs are covered and logged.
- Ensures staff evaluations are completed in a timely manner. Also coaches, counsels and conducts disciplinary action with staff when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years experience as a Sous Chef in a hotel, restaurant, or club with fine dining
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Health care food & beverage experience preferred.
Welcome to Reata Glen!
Located in San Juan Capistrano, Reata Glen is a new developing Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others! Apply today online or stop by to complete an application.
Job ID: 360794540