Spend your summer working on the western slope of the continental divide, in the Rocky Mountain high country!
During the summer we offer our guests a full program that includes horseback riding, hiking, biking, fly fishing, yoga, archery, photography plus much more. Our dining room exudes our “ranchy and fancy” ideal with a variety of cookouts, gourmet dinners and wine tastings.
We are looking for individuals who can be part of our community as a whole and have a strong passion for the culinary experience.
Line Cook / Prep Chef
The person that will be the right fit for this job is a very organized and clean working individual who has a passion and desire to learn about scratch cooking in an upscale environment. This person must have an affinity for people and thrive in a team environment. All VVR employees must be drug free, which includes recreational marijuana.
- Prepare basic food items according to standardized recipes and instructions (salad bar, cold specialty items, and staff meals)
- Assist in ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas, and all food storage areas meet cleaning standards
- Work with a team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness
- One year cooking experience in a professional setting
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
Vista Verde is a great place for people who love living in a community of young people, enjoy various outdoor activities, and are enthusiastic about learning new skills. If you aren’t afraid of hard work or living in a rural setting and love being active in the mountains then VVR would be a great fit for you.
- All of our staff live on-site in bunkhouse style accommodations and are very interactive with our guests at all times, so a love for people and a positive attitude is a “must.”
- Our summer season runs from the middle of May to the end of October with the possibility of returning for our winter season.
- Our compensation package consists of a base wage and an equitable share of the tip pool. There is no extra financial benefit for working in one position or another.
- Room and board are provided at a nominal daily rate. All meals, washing facilities, bed linens, pillows, and towels are provided.