Now Hiring multiple levels of Cooks in order to build the new team!
*Great Pay/ Benefits/ Work /Life Balance*
Expected start date September 2020!
A BRAND NEW Health Care Center, The Orchards will have 71 Skilled Nursing beds, 20 Memory Care- Assisted Living units, and 58 Assisted Living Units on the same campus as Reata Glen, a large Continuing Care Retirement Community featuring 480 Independent Living units located in Rancho Mission Viejo/ San Juan Capistrano in sunny Southern California.
The Orchards offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match. Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Key Duties of the Line Cook Team
- Responsible for preparing and serving all food items per standardized recipes to include, but not limited to: sauces, sautés, boils, braises and roasts as well as, items as well as fries, steams, grills, bakes, and short order cook.
- Responsible for preparing & serving meals in accordance with physician prescribed order, if applicable.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, fish, vegetables and other food items for cooking, assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Assist in food prep assignments to include daily prep, special functions, banquets, catering, holiday and special events.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal regulations for sanitation and infection control standards.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned by Chefs and/or supervisor.
- If applicable, preparation of therapeutic meals to include but not limited to, puree, mechanically chopped.
- Compliance with dietitian production sheets and recipes for skilled nursing environment.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, retirement community or healthcare setting for Cook II.
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet
- Culinary education preferred
- This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the day. Must be able to stand or walk for up to 100% of the work day. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day. Manual dexterity for preparing food. Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs, use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed industrial and household chemicals and high heat levels.