1921 Mount Dora, 142 East 4th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL
We are a full service restaurant in beautiful downtown Mount Dora. 1921 has been selected for a number of awards, such as the 2018 Top 10 Restaurants of the by Orlando Weekly, 2017 Restuarant of the Year by Orlando Magazine, awarded the Orlando Sentinel Foodie Award for Worth the Drive and Travel & Leisure's recommendation for upscale dining while in Orlando.
LINE CHEF/PREP COOK
Summary of Position: Accurately and efficiently portion, prepare and plate all station items to the standards and specifications of 1921 Mount Dora. Maintain all aspects of sanitation and cleanliness to the highest standard.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving methods.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations before and during service period.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Chef.
- Assumes 100% responsiblity for quality of products served.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef.
- Working knowledge of wood fired oven and newest kitchen technology and equipment in preparing meals for both upscale dining and preference of local guests.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Ability to frequently reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Current Safety Certification.