We are Northeast Ohio's largest locally owned Natural Food Store, proudly serving our communities for 37 years. Our specialty is providing high quality natural and organic foods and products along with education on food issues and the environment. We adhere to strict ingredient standards and promote locally grown food.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of baking duties and prepares baked goods in a production oriented, scratch bakery. Produces bakery goods in an efficient manner in accordance with company policy and ingredient standards. Merchandises and displays products in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Prepares breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, biscuits, and other pastries, including icings and frostings according to established recipes and ingredient standards.
- Prepares all dough and scratch baking mixtures following established company procedures and recipes.
- Prepares baked goods for special diets as requested.
- Ensures that finished product meets our high quality standards.
- Follows proper labeling and signage requirements for company’s natural food standards.
- Reviews production schedules to determine quantity and variety of products to bake and assembles supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Manages and produces appropriate quantities to ensure we’re not over or under producing products.
- Develops new products.
- Notifies manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
- requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High school education or equivalent
(E) 2-5 years experience in bakery field; Culinary Degree desirable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical skills needed in the bakery industry
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- Interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and benefits