Job ID: 203515383
3 - 5 years
**Must have previous Executive Chef experience**
**Must have large banquet experience**
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic leader who demonstrates strengths in many diverse skill areas that include: employee management and development, strong grasp of food and labor costs, P&L responsibility, detail oriented, quality control, guest relations, “Hands on” management style. Candidate needs to have a strong advanced knowledge of hands on culinary operations such as restaurant fine dining cuisine, casual dining, and banquet functions. A great deal of knowledge with regard to kitchen management will be called for, such as dealing with employee matters, staffing, scheduling, hiring, ordering and inventories. This position requires a positive attitude and a vision for success. Duties include menu planning and design, budget preparation, kitchen management including but not limited to food cost control, safety and sanitation, nutrition and supervisory management.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the General Manager) the performance of all direct reports
- Oversees the operation of all food and beverage outlets
- Ability to lead and gain the respect of all team members
- Work with front of the house operation smoothly and seamlessly
- Oversees the overall food and beverage budget by reviewing financial transactions and monitoring the budget to insure an efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations (including but not limited to food cost, bar revenue and labor overtime).
- Oversees all service and culinary presentations, activities and quality in all assigned venues.
- Observes preparation to ensure quality standards are met.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all equipment, props, supplies, etc.
- Oversees food and beverage inventory and insures proper inventory controls are in place while managing carrying costs effectively.
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience as an Executive Chef
- Successful track record of maintaining food cost.
- Accredited college degree/university or the international equivalent and/or a formal culinary education
- Creativity in the kitchen
- Ability to coach, counsel, affect positive change and motivate staff
- Computer skills