Executive Sous Chef
- inkeeper hospitality
- Sioux City, Iowa
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned by the General Manager.
Culinary Tasks: 40%
- Preparing food as dictated by the menu, guest or party request, or management request in a clean, safe, and timely manner
- Assist on line during heavy meal times
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
Managerial Tasks: 40%
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations
- Recruit, hire, and train culinary staff
- Impose disciplinary action when necessary
- Conducts annual performance reviews for all culinary staff
Guest Services: 15%
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and managers
Administrative Tasks: 5%
- Keep a clean work area according to health and kitchen standards
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently
- Manage inventory of all back of the house kitchen items
- Create and implement new menu items
- Maintain a low labor cost
- Schedule all culinary employees based on occupancy, events, and employee status
- Attend all BEO, F&B, Culinary, and staff meetings
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS: each essential duty satisfactorily. skill, and/or ability required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees
- May be required to compute basic arithmetic
- Availability on weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass a background check
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or related field with five years of experience cooking for a dining facility and two years of experience in a supervisory role. Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the person must be able to occasionally move about inside the kitchen to access different cooking utensils and ingredients.
WORK SCHEDULE: Work a full time varied schedule including days, nights, weekdays, and weekends as assigned by department Supervisor or Manager.
Job ID: 362501407