Roundup River Ranch is more than just a place to work – you’ll be based in the heart of our spectacular camp setting in the heart of the Rocky Mountains where you’ll have a front row seat to watch all the fun of camp, from the comfort of our modern and spacious facilities sitting on 125 acres. Campers are number one at Roundup River Ranch and we know that without our team of valued staff, we can’t deliver our important Mission.
The Line Cook will further the mission of Roundup River Ranch by supporting in daily kitchen and foodservice duties to ensure the highest standards of food preparation, service and sanitation are met to support the medical safety and dietary needs of all campers, staff and volunteers; create high quality, safe food experience for all campers, staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure all aspects of kitchen are organized and sanitary daily.
- Support food deliveries and proper storage of goods.
- Assist Sous Chef with food preparation, meal production, and meal service for meals and snacks for up to 200 as assigned
- Support daily maintenance of kitchen equipment and systems (i.e. ensure completion of daily cleaning/sanitizing schedules, temperature logs, chemicals, etc.)
- Work with kitchen staff and volunteers assigned to kitchen in daily and session duties.
- Support dietary needs in all aspects of camp including Residential Life, Program, and Medical teams as directed.
- Teach and assist camp staff and volunteers in safe and sanitary meal set up, service, and clean up.
- Follow State of Colorado requirements, SeriousFun Children’s Network criteria and American Camp Association standards effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of special diets support beneficial
- Be able to Implement best practices to ensure that special diets are met, cross contamination is prevented, and high-risk population is kept safe.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen is preferred
- ServeSafe Certification
- Ability to work in a facility that is smoke free, tobacco free, drug free (including medical and recreation marijuana), and alcohol free
- Passion for the Roundup River Ranch Mission
Don’t delay – apply today! If you think this vacancy sounds like you, and you’d like to learn more, visit our Career page in the “About Us” section on our webpage to read the full job description, and to submit your online application.