Are you an experienced kitchen professional looking to grow in your career? Do you have the desire to work in a restaurant voted “Best Restaurant”, “Best Tavern/Bar/Brewery”, and “Best Patio” for five years in a row?
If so, we are looking for you! The Sunshine Factory Bar & Grill is growing our award winning team! Come be part of the best place in town!
Lead Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Assisting in preparing meal ingredients and sub recipes.
- Preparing soups, salads, and sauces as instructed by the head chef.
- Plating and garnishing meal items in accordance with the instructions provided by the head cook.
- Supervising the work of line cooks to ensure that all given tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all cooking stations are adequately stocked with the necessary meal ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that all cooking stations and kitchen surfaces are cleaned and disinfected before and after each shift.
- Adhering to standard food rotation practices to reduce food wastage and minimize the risk of contamination.
- Assessing the quality of food supplies to ensure that it meets restaurant standards.
- Ability to train line cooks as needed.
Lead Line Cook Requirements:
- Experience with all stations of food prep (sauté, broiler, fryer, pantry etc.)
- Proven cooking experience.
- A food handler's license (ServeSafe) is useful.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary ($55,000 to $65,000 annually or $24 to $28 hourly, depending on experience).
- Paid Vacation
- Annual Bonus Program
- Employee Group Health Program
- 401K with 4% company match