The Cook Supervisor is responsible for preparing food in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations while assuring that quality dining services are provided at all times and all company policies are followed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years cooking experience, dining service production or related experience
- One year supervisory or management experience
- Prior experience working with seniors preferred
- Able to fully execute a recipe
- Knowledge of sanitary food handling practices and regulations related to department
- Able to demonstrate technical skills
- Familiar with techniques of using standardized recipes
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Prepares meals and snacks in accordance with planned menus.
- Ensures that the meals and snacks served are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Complies with proper food handling procedures when preparing, holding, serving and storing foods.
- Supervises the dining services staff.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of work area.
- Responsible for safety of kitchen work area.
- Assists Production Manager in maintaining proper levels of food inventory and supplies.
- Actively participates in the dining service Quality Assurance Program.
Presbyterian Senior Living is a large non-profit organization comprised of a variety of locations, services and levels of care. Our organization is dedicated to our mission to provide compassionate, vibrant and supportive communities and services to promote wholeness of body, mind and spirit.