Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family, Telecare El Dorado County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed locked hospital facility providing acute inpatient psychiatric treatment to adults aged 18+, diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
The Cook is responsible for the ordering, preparation, cooking and serving of food to members served. This includes seasoning and cooking meat, fish, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts.
• Two (2) years of experience in food production and knowledge of therapeutic diets
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• Experience in the use of institutional kitchen equipment such as steam tables, stoves, refrigerators and freezers
• Knowledge of nutritional principles in the preparation of regular and therapeutic diets
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Experience in a health care setting
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Creates menus and orders necessary food supplies to accommodate a variety of dietary requests
• Participates in and supervises the following food preparation activities: washing, trimming, cooking and seasoning
• Prepares food for special therapeutic diets
• Receives and monitors food deliveries against requisitions and invoices
• Takes active steps to avoid food waste
• Solely responsible for the efficient running of the dietary program
• Ensures that the cleaning and maintenance program is consistently adhered to
• Confers and collaborates with the Nursing Department regarding both regular and modified diet preparation
• Demonstrates knowledge of CPI principles and uses CPI concepts to manage aggressive behavior
• Plans and facilitates cooking schedules to ensure that food is ready at the specified time
• Monitors food items, storage rooms, refrigerators and other equipment to ensure that appropriate sanitary conditions are consistently adhered to
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• The ability to read, write and speak English is essential, as is the willingness to work with disabled adults
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Job ID: 308626139