Serve as a cook and performing general food preparation and cooking duties, and food service sanitation duties.
Assures that pantry, cabinets, refrigerators, exits and entrances are locked prior to leaving facility.
Assists in the purchasing, receiving, and inventory control of food and kitchen supplies.
Ensures that food and equipment temperatures, and food substitutions, are recorded appropriately on logs.
Performs daily cleaning assignments listed on cleaning schedule and signs schedule.
Assists in menu preparation and planning.
May be required, at the discretion of the unit supervisor, to complete an extended work shift or schedule to ensure completion of essential duties or adequate coverage of the unit/program for safety/security purposes.
Delivers meals to Path and EPH.
- Cut, and cook raw food products
- Instructed and follows proper procedures to cook food
- Prepare and cook food for daily production demands
- Work various cook positions throughout the kitchen
- Lead food service preparation and cooking
- Take food inventory, place food weekly food order, including food bank shopping
- Prepare and cook food for regular and special meals and functions requiring food service
- Prepare cook and serve food
- Perform duties to prepare and serve large quantities of food for clients in residential or day programs, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice./p
- Order food and supplied for food preparation
- Maintain food line by notifying prep cook of shortages and replenishing food at workstation
- Preparing and cooking of food
- Use proper cooking equipment to prepare food items and to complete food orders
- Training other kitchen staff in food preparation
- Assist the cook with preperation of meals
- Preparing food in according with the food service menus
- Serve food according to menu
- Receive and store food and food related items
- Cook food according to recipes
- Maintain food inventory and prepare food supply order; ensure proper food storage temperatures and rotate stored food
Recommended Skills Outline Of Food Preparation Sanitation Storage (Warehousing) Food Services Cooking Scheduling