Riderwood is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you’re ready to take your career to new heights, join us.
Riderwood, located in Silver Spring, MD is seeking sous chefs who can bring their passion for great food, teamwork, and culinary experience to our fine dining restaurants. Our Signature Dining program embraces scratch cooking and chef inspired culinary creations that sets us apart from our competitors.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages daily kitchen production and food preparation for on-time service of resident meals.
- Directs the preparation and service accuracy for all forecasted menu items to include recipes, proper food handling, food safety, food quality, diet restrictions, and utilizing production forecast.
- Supervises scheduling, training, and discipline of all culinary and utility staff. The sous chef will be in charge of all culinary functions in the chef’s absence, to include, staffing, food production, utility and kitchen sanitation.
- Oversees the organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
What we offer:
- Quality of life – most of our restaurants employees are out before 9pm!
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- On-site medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- State of the art kitchens, top of the line equipment.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
- Minimum of two years full service experience.
- Minimum of six months supervisory and coaching experience.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, Graduate of a certified culinary program or college preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
- Be able to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
- Able to work some weekends and holidays.