Chef de Cuisine-- The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and all kitchen personnel. This demanding and often stressful position requires strong managerial, organization, communication, and leadership skills.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating menus and overseeing the preparation of selected recipes
• Manage and schedule all kitchen personnel
• Track and maintain food and supply inventory
• Place and receive orders
• Monitor equipment maintenance
• Insure kitchen and all personnel operate under local and state health and safety codes at all times
In this important leadership role, the Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for leading the kitchen staff, directing the cooking process, and monitoring the line at all times. He/she must have demonstrated ability to supervise, coordinate, and develop staff and resources in a time sensitive environment.
Collaborate with the chef de cuisine to create / perpetuate a positive learning environment. Work with culinary team to ensure that recipes are being consistently followed. Sanitation and uniform standards are being upheld and all SOP's are being adhered to. Manage Labor proactively by scheduling to forecast, creating prep lists per shift and monitoring all hourly employees, cutting when possible.
Chef de Cuisine
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Collaborate with chef de cuisine to promote and uphold culinary standards.
2. Provide guidance to the kitchen team to achieve a consistent culture that represents our brand and vision appropriately.
3. Create a positive teaching environment encouraging the team to take ownership of the position the hold, learn and aspire to do better each and every day.
4. Lead and direct the team firmly and fairly applying constant, gentle, pressure to hold standards while directing the overall operation, ensuring proficiency and productivity.
5. Coach, mentor and train the team in accordance with our Standards, Sanitation and Food & Beverage specifications.
6. Schedule Labor and Control COGS proactively to ensure the best experience for our guests and associates while being fiscally responsible.
7. Ensure the team has all the information, products and tools necessary to be successful.
8. Manage the operations as required to ensure compliance with SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
9. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
10. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with policies and procedures and ensure quality service.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality by smell, taste, and appearance.
Must possess a current Texas Food Handlers permit.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to the link provided. Please do not apply if you do not reside in the DFW area.
Job ID: 299093728