Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented according to LCB standards.
a. The job description qualifications (certifications, experience, training), job functions, including limitations may vary with individual states. For more details see the LCB Senior Living policy guide for your state.
b. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to build positive and strong relationships with associates, coworkers and residents. Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service, ability to handle multiple jobs and priorities, accept direction from superiors or other experienced staff, shares job knowledge or resident information with other experienced staff, shares job knowledge or resident information with others as needed, give and welcome feedback, operate and maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner, and knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and service. Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules and logs.
c. Education: A high school diploma or GED is preferred. Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment. Serve Safe Certification. Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
d. Experience: Previous experience in health care or hospitality setting is preferred.
e. Certificates/Licenses: Serve Safe Certification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
1. Promote the mission and core values of the Residence and LCB Senior Living to residents,
visitors, co-workers and the surrounding community.
2. As an associate you are expected to have an active role in growing community occupancy by
representing and interacting positively with potential residents, family members and professionals.
3. Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
4. Work closely with the Culinary Services Director and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
5. Able to assist Culinary Director with the supervision of culinary staff.
6. Assist with the preparation and execution of the LCB Dining enhancement programs.
7. Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
8. Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
9. Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
10. Ensures that all food is received, stored and prepared according to company standards.
11. Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicates needs to food service director or assistant food service director.
12. Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
13. Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
14. Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
15. Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
16. Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
17. Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices.
18. Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
19. Will attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service.
20. Attend all community training programs as required by the Culinary Services Director.
21. May perform other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 283478667