Itaberco, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of ingredients for the dessert industry specializing in finding solutions for customers’ specific needs.
Our mission is to create meaningful relationships in the food industry by providing dessert ingredient solutions.
From Soft Serve to Crème Brulee to Frozen Hot Chocolate, Itaberco manufactures ingredients for multiple product categories within the dessert market. Our company culture is built on developing strong relationships both internally with our employees and externally with our customers and suppliers. Family-owned and operated business; thus allowing for direct reporting to CEO and President.
Where Itaberco provides value for the industry is in its Research and Development capabilities and ability to quickly work through challenges and scale those solutions into our production process, to meet individual customers’ requirements. Itaberco markets its ingredients throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and various other countries. Our customers include independent and chain restaurants, gelaterias, cafes, manufacturers, hotels and other foodservice operations.
Job Description: Corporate Pastry Chef
- Training staff and customers on products and their application
- Working with Research and Development to create and improve product lines
- Develop and improve recipes for company recipe book
- Conduct training seminars both internally as well as on-site (requires traveling)
- Work with Marketing, Videography and Photography department with videos, photos and styling
- Conduct Bench-top testing and analysis for internal screening and product cutting (with R&D Department)
- Produce product samples for customers
- Research and report market trends and industry findings to executive management
- Help maintain recipe database and costing generator
- Assist in reaching out to suppliers and sourcing raw materials
- Help manage lab and test kitchen equipment and inventory
- Conduct application testing with existing and in-development products
- Help generate SOPs and recipes for sales and marketing team
- Assist in product sales
- Train salespeople on proper product presentation
- 3 + years professional experience in desserts or pastry
- Culinary Degree from an accredited culinary institute
- Ability to source, select and interact effectively with vendors, consultants, and various technical and/or non-technical disciplines internally and externally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strengths in Excel
- Ability to do mathematical calculations with precision and consistency
- Formulation development experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-past environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as function effectively and comfortably as a multi-disciplinary team member where team results are considered more important than individual contributions
- Great attitude and personality
- Passionate about food
- Comfortable in front of a camera
- Foreign language is a plus