We are looking for a Sushi Chef to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests.
Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Japanese cuisine and be available to work during our opening hours.
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, unagi)
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
- Excellent knife skills
- Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes (like avocado, mango and carrots)
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice
- Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
- Recommend new, modern recipes, like sushi burgers
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift