WE'RE EXPANDING! Come join our team.
As a Chef Tournant at Prairie Meadows, you will work with a top-notch team in a fast-paced environment at Iowa’s premier entertainment destination. In addition, you will work in a state of the art industrial kitchen that has no comparison to any other kitchens in the state. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for the planning, organizing, controlling and directing the employees overseeing the execution of assigned outlets.
- Oversee the food preparation of the assigned outlet while ensuring superior quality and consistency at all times.
- This position serves as a floating or relief chef assigned to certain outlets as designated by the Executive Chef.
- These assignments may be for the short- or long-term, and may often change with little notice.
- Ensure that all food is consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Assists on the front line during peak times.
- Recommends employment and termination actions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel and attendance issues as appropriate.
- Determines duties/assignments as well as breaks for the shift.
- Determines staffing needs based upon forecasted events/volumes.
- Ensures that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications, received correct unit count, condition, and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Assists with completing inventories and transferring total usage of product on a monthly basis.
- Control food costs and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, products storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Required to build and enter recipes in Agilysys software while developing, designing and creating new ideas and items.
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus.
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training and coaching.
- Consistently checks temperatures of foods and follows proper procedures in regards to cooking, chilling, re-heating and holding food.
Associates Degree in Culinary Arts (experience may be substituted for education). 8 or more years’ experience working within the food industry with 5 years in a supervisor role. Experience in large full service, high volume kitchen & with multi-outlets preferred. Knowledge and experience to lead in all areas of the property to include buffets, production, banquets, café, steakhouse, concessions and quick service outlets. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with persons of diverse backgrounds. Knowledge of Iowa Department of Health regulations is required. Serv Safe and TIPs certification required. Skilled in menu development with budgeted food costs. Knowledge about plating & presentation. Knowledge of Word & Excel. Strong attention to detail & multi-tasking skills. Assist in developing and maintaining a positive professional work environment. Ability to work in fast paced & high-pressure environment. Working knowledge of P&L statements. Knowledge of labor management & inventory control. Long periods of standing and walking. Subject to hot equipment, hot oil and sharp objects. Will have exposure to wet floors. Pushing of carts of dishes up to 150 pounds. Must be able to lift amounts up to 50 pounds. Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, nights, holidays and peak days as determined by management.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY! Please fill out an application through the Prairie Meadows website.