Responsible for the set-up and preparation of all breakfast , lunch or dinner items served from the line. Reports to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
1. See that all food prepared is of consistently high quality and that portions are consistently controlled.
2. Take inventory of all items required for station set-up and determine those items that need to be prepared.
3. Set-up and see that station is ready serve fifteen (15) minutes prior to service time for both meal periods.
4. Use recipe card when making any item.
5. Make sure that all food is of the highest possible quality before leaving the window.
6. Keep all food items for the line properly covered, dated and rotated to ensure proper quality control and little wastage.
7. Be prepared to help in other areas of kitchen during slow periods or whenever necessary.
8. Maintain high standards of quality and appearance of all food prepare and served.
9. Follow "clean as you work" policy and accident prevention procedures at all times.
10. Report to work in uniform at posted scheduled times.
11. Keep uniform clean at all times.
12. Attend all kitchen employee meetings.
13. At the end of the shift, clean entire station, including reach-ins, shelves and steam table. All unnecessary food must be returned to walk-in on proper shelf, all inserts clean and everything restocked. Check-out with supervisor.
14. Be able to change from accustomed shift to meet business demands.
15. Clean any kitchen equipment used immediately following use.
16. Clean entire station, including all reach-ins and shelves, at the end of the shift.
17. Inform supervisor of any items that were unfinished before service.
18. Properly store all food, which must be covered, dated and rotated on a daily basis to ensure proper portion control and quality.
19. Follow all safety procedures for operating and cleaning all machinery at all times.
20. Check with supervisor at the beginning of shift for instructions.
21. Keep par stocks at proper levels. Increase or decrease production as necessary.
22. Inform management of any problems concerning food quality or production control.
23. Keep walk-in organized at all times.
24. Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
25. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Present a positive, professional image.
· Must be self-motivated and customer service oriented.
· Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills.
· Reliable and predictable attendance.
· Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· Position is in busy, non-smoking clubhouse/restaurant in a private residential community in N. Scottsdale.
· Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
· The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Property name The Desert Highlands Association
Location(s) Scottsdale, AZ
Department Food & Beverage
Career level Entry to Mid level
Hours/Status Full-time, Part-time (Non-benefited), Temporary
Pay range ($low) 15.00
Pay range ($high) $18.00 DOE
Retention Bonus for seasonal positions
Full benefit package for Fulltime year round position
Hiring Full time and Seasonal
Job ID: 248989176