3 - 5 years
Black Forest Bakery, a member of Genesis Hospitality, a wholesale leader in manufacturing high-end French pastries (bakery products), is seeking an experienced Executive Pastry Chef who is a team oriented and motivated individual. Availability to work on weekends and holidays. Must have experience with wedding cakes. Candidates with chocolate knowledge is a plus.
- Participate in all pastry production to ensure items reflect high standards of quality, consistency, aesthetics and taste.
- Prepare quality baked goods, such as breads, pastries, chocolate tiers, desserts, pies and special occasion cakes for multiple dining venues.
- Maintain an exceptional production knowledge and attention to detail with decoration and taste quality.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Prepares and orders bakery supplies as needed.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all products.
- Researches and develops new and unique recipes.
- Other related duties as necessary.
The successful applicant will possess, at minimum, the following:
- Experience with wedding cakes required.
- 3-5 years experience with French pastries, chocolate and bread required
- Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science in Baking or Pastry from an accredited institution preferred
- Able to hold properly and efficiently use an assortment of sharp knives as appropriate for each of these specific uses.
- Able to fill and attractively finish layer cakes, including fondant covering and flowers.
- Consistently build desert plates with main component, sauce, and garnish as required.
- Familiar with rolling out dough’s by hand to appropriate thickness. Shaping dough’s into raw finished products. Being aware of dough temperature and how it affects workability.
- An ability to work well in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Attention to detail, an ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Must have extensive experience in various breads, pastries, chocolate tiers, desserts, pies and special occasion cakes.
- Must have artistic ability and creativity in order to create finished pieces that are eye appealing.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical Insurance
- State Short Term Disability
- Great Discount Program
- And more!!!
Genesis Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID: 246931080