Job ID: 231980311
1 - 3 years
Find fulfillment and fun in a career at CountryHouse - Granite Bay!
CountryHouse Residence, part of the Agemark family of senior housing communities and #13 of Great Places to Work, is looking for a Full Time Cook for our community in Granite Bay, CA. In this position, you’ll be responsible for prepping and preparing meals, helping to serve and clean.
When we say “We’re like family” at Agemark, it means something!
The truth about families is that no two are alike. But big or small, traditional or laid back, here’s what all healthy families have in common: they love, support, listen to and respect one another. They don’t abuse or neglect each other, even when they disagree or one makes a mistake. And they share traditions, expectations and values. For more than 30 years, these are the things that have made Agemark a family of happy, engaged and productive employees – and of grateful, happy customers. You’ll feel the difference the moment you walk through the door of any one of our communities.
As the Chef/Dining Manager, the core of your job will be to provide a great first impression and amazing dining experience for all residents and guests every day., This includes offering the highest-quality, consistent and personalized service we’re known for in communities all across the U.S.
You’ll also be responsible for oversight of all dining operations, including:
- Offer variety by developing new recipes and menu choices
- Prepare meals and perform food service activities as required, which may include assisting with serving, washing dishes, clean up, etc.
- Supervise food service staff including hiring, training, scheduling, performing evaluations, etc.
- Assist in planning food service for activities and special events; organize/assist with culinary activities for residents to participate in and enjoy.
- Oversee purchase and delivery of food, equipment, supplies, etc. from approved vendors; maintain accurate inventory.
- Maintain a sanitary, orderly and safe kitchen and dining environment, in compliance with State and Federal regulations; maintain attractive appearance of dining and snack areas.
- Ensure efficient utilization and safe storage of food.
- Provide input to resident’s service plans.
- Conduct periodic surveys and meet with resident food committees and individuals to assure satisfaction with food service program; make changes or improvements with approval.
- Orientate all staff members regarding function, programs and procedure for dining services.
- Meet with new residents to assess likes, dislikes, special needs, and explain services and routines.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
- ServSafe certification required or able to complete in short amount of time.
- Previous experience cooking for large groups in a commercial kitchen required.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of food handler and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of ordering process and inventory control.
- Proven track record of integrity
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, prospective residents, facility operations and personnel
Join the family!