Job ID: 138228286
Executive Chef JOB SUMMARY:
This chef has worked at some of the best restaurants in Charlotte (or wherever you have lived/lives). This person will have come up through the ranks of privately owned hospitality driven restaurants and chef driven concepts. Chef will have paid thier dues under high quality chefs who dont compromise on quality but also understand profitability and how to stay in business. This chef will have fun with their staff, but the staff will not wonder who the boss is. This chef feels part of their responsibility to their craft is to impart the knowledge they have been given to the people surrounding them.
Our restaurant group is family owned and run. This chef will work directly with the ownership, but will have massive freedom to write the menu, change the menu, choose the ingredients, hire the staff, and influence service style. We are growing and will open more restaurants in the coming years. Growth will happen.
We have a partnership opportunity that can be earned if the person wants a piece of ownership.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Sous Chef(s), Cooks, Line cooks, Prep cooks, Dish Staff
IS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY OWNERS
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Produces the menu for the restaurant, private events onsite, and special events offsite. Menu/Restaurant will compete with the best restaurants in South park and Charlotte.
* Ensure that all food prepared is nutritious, current, eye popping and professionally executed.
* Specific duties include seasonal menu planning, payroll oversight, food cost controls, etc.
* Prepare food, establish quality standards, empart culinary knowledge to staff, teach presentation techniques and portion control.
* Interview, hire, evaluate and discipline kitchen personnel.
* Understand and communicate to kitchen personnel all company and location rules, policies and procedures.
* Schedule kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget.
* Control food cost by using proper inventory, standardization of recipes and waste control.
* Train kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery.
* Train kitchen personnel in sanitation practices, cleaning schedules, stock rotation, refrigeration temperature control points and any other sanitary controls.
* Lead employees by creating a positive, supportive environment where talents, skills, and trade practices are exchanged, practiced and enhanced.
* Enforce all appearance and uniform guidelines.
* Lead, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible behavior. Be a professional. Set the standard!
* Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
Know how to work with and source local ingredients.
Strive to be the best within your peer group at your craft.
Be able to teach and be willing to learn.
Be a self starter.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* 5 years experience (work in kitchens)
* A minimum of 2 years as a Sous Chef plus 3 years in another food preparation position.
* Proven performance
* Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations.
* Proven financial performance and understanding to be fully accountable for all expenses.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
* Prior Employment Verification
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen