Job ID: 127768162
The Olde Farm- An exclusive private country club
PM Sous Chef
Reports to: Executive Chef
Objective: To manage the pm team on the Dining Room dinner line and to assist the banquet chef with the evening banquets. To further the level of food quality and creativity to help the club achieve its’ goal of becoming better and more profitable. To effectively communicate with the FOH management and do whatever it takes to ensure a positive dining experience for our members and their guests.
Position: Salary- Based on Prior Experience
Hours: Normally a 1-10 pm shift, five days a week. To be determined by work load and staffing. There may be times you are scheduled 6 days a week, due to holidays, business levels, staffing shortage and new menu’s.
• Check on Lunch cook to see if he needs assistance, find out what is going on for the day, have a strong line of communication.
• Check on Pastry Chef and assist when needed
• Responsible for placing orders and maintaining proper food pars for the dining room
• Assist with inventory
• Check in food deliveries, when steward is unavailable
• Assist Banquet Chef if he needs it
• Make nightly specials
• Responsible for training of interns, apprentices, and new staff
• Enforce the rule of LABELING EVERYTHING
• Make sure all equipment is working safely and report any maintenance issues to the chef or F&B director
• Be a positive role model to the staff, encourage reading and staying current with the new trends. Encourage the night team to come up with their own specials. Continue to teach every day to grow the team into something better
• Be able to work any position on the line when needed
• Be able to lift more than 50 pounds
• Need to be able to cover any shifts when needed
• Go through coolers to make sure that everything is in it’s proper place, rotate food, and get rid of food gone bad and record it on the waste sheet
• Make sure that line coolers stay clean and rotated
• Utilize scraps to make stocks, soups and specials, help control the food cost
• Freeze extra scraps for future use
• Control all flavors of food to maintain consistency, taste everything
• Contribute to the writing of new menus, let your ideas come out
• Come in early, when necessary to help with banquets
• Watch labor hours of night shift employees, cut staff out early when business levels are low
• Assign tasks to steward and cooks when you are slow and waiting for tables. Something always can be cleaned.
• Enforce the stewarding cleaning list
• Enforce the uniform policy
• Enforce the employee handbook
• Responsible for closing the kitchen and Fill out managers report and send it in.
• Responsible for making sure all banquet food is put away properly and nothing is left out.
• Enforce the rule of no food leaves the property unless directed by the Executive Chef or F&B Director.
• Maintain a good line of communication with the Executive Chef
• Responsible for making sure all equipment is turned off
Please call Lori Boggs at click to view to setup an interview. EOE/M/F/DV
Job Type: Full-time
2 weeks paid vacation per year
The Olde Farm
The Olde Farm is one of the most highly acclaimed private golf clubs in the country, providing members not only world–class golf, but also a preeminent food and wine venue.
The Olde Farm Clubhouse is patterned after Castle Hill, a historic home built more than 200 years ago in Charlottesville, Virginia. The stately clubhouse welcomes all... The Olde Farm is one of the most highly acclaimed private golf clubs in the country, providing members not only world–class golf, but also a preeminent food and wine venue.
The Olde Farm Clubhouse is patterned after Castle Hill, a historic home built more than 200 years ago in Charlottesville, Virginia. The stately clubhouse welcomes all members who arrive on property and provides a homecoming filled with warm woods, rich textures, and gourmet dining. The Clubhouse is located in the exact spot of the original home built on the property in the 1700s in a grove of oak trees. Two of these majestic trees continue to stand guard outside the Clubhouse today.
Members enjoy the Clubhouse for entertaining social and business guests in a variety of dining and meeting areas. The Clubhouse combines Southern charm and hospitality with modern amenities and facilities.
Its rustic elegance and complete lack of distractions lend The Olde Farm its distinguished character and rural charm. Perhaps Golf Digest’s Ron Whitten said it best after naming The Olde Farm Best New Private Course of 2000: “The Olde Farm, Bobby Weed’s first Best New winning design, is old school yet representative of the future of golf.” Or as we like to say, pure golf at its best.
Provide an environment of rest and relaxation which revitalizes and empowers our members and guests to go back out and improve the world.